I have found the entire experience fantastic ... This has been a hugely beneficial experience for both the children and my professional development. I will never again see or teach mathematics in the same way!
The GLOWMaths Hub is committed to providing a blend of professional learning opportunities for teachers and leaders to support, research and innovation.
Key priorities and research projects of the GLOWMaths Hub include:
- improving the enjoyment and achievement of mathematics from Early Years to Post-16
- strengthening the teaching and leadership of mathematics
- helping schools and colleges with curriculum and assessment changes
- supporting schools to develop a mastery approach to mathematics
- improving the participation of mathematics Post-16
- improving pupils’ resilience, and reducing “mathematics anxiety”
- enriching the mathematics curriculum
- improving arithmetical proficiency
- exploring interesting practice in the UK and other jurisdictions
Schools that have been involved in GLOWMaths Hub National and Local Work Groups during the academic year 2015/16: