#MathsFest23. Tickets now on sale!
Date: Thursday, 15 June 2023 from 9am-4pm
Venue: Worcestershire County Cricket Club, WR2 4QQ
Keynote: Professor Alf Coles, Co-author of ‘I CAN’T DO MATHS’
Tickets: £50 per person
BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY! To buy your ticket, click on the link below or use the QR code (bottom of page)
Maths4All & All4Maths!
At GLOW, we believe ALL children can achieve in maths – no matter what their background, experience or individual needs. However, we know that building understanding across the classroom, and enabling every student to feel and believe that they can do maths, can be challenging.
That’s why this year’s festival theme is Maths4All & All4Maths! We’ll be exploring some of the latest thinking and approaches that support inclusivity in maths; and how, as educators, you can help drive positive outcomes for everyone in your classroom.
Headliner announced: Professor Alf Coles
We are delighted to announce Alf Coles as this year’s headline act (aka keynote speaker). Alf is a Professor of Mathematics Education at the University of Bristol and co-author of the book, ‘I CAN’T DO MATHS! Why children say it and how to make a difference’ (Bloomsbury Education).
Workshops sessions released
As a MathFest23 delegate, you’ll have the opportunity to attend a number of workshops, each focused on our Maths4All & All4Maths theme, including:
- Use of manipulatives. How to make the most of these resources to support KS1 to KS2.
- Maths is not 4All. Discuss! Exploring the concept of adaptive teaching. Is maths really for some people and not for others?
- Could this student by dyscalculic? Understand more about this learning difficulty and how to support students with it.
- Mathematical mindsets. Building a ‘can do’ attitude in your classroom.
- Prioritising core knowledge. How to achieve more effective assessment in your school.
- Simultaneous equations. The journey from Primary to Sixth Form.
- Progress 4All. How NCETM Checkpoints can help assess and address gaps in learning.