Points to consider:
- A detailed curriculum is mapped out across all stages to support transition and ensure pupils acquire and demonstrate a sufficient grasp of the mathematics relevant to their year group.
- A detailed curriculum is mapped out across each term, ensuring longer time is prioritised for key topics.
- ‘Themes’ are designed and taught using a sequence of ‘Key Points’.
- All pupils are expected to master each key point.
- More time is spent on teaching key mathematical ideas and concepts to allow for the development of depth and sufficient practice to embed learning.